The honest truth about making money online

visionj Offline referral

I first tried to make money online in 1997. My friend told me about a software app that could send thousands of spam messages per minute. I got a PO Box and started spamming out random messages getting people to send me checks thru the mail. Then I started hearing about people going to jail behind spamming and scamming, so I stopped.
I then got invovled in stock day trading and real estate and made almost a million dollars in a few years. But then the real estate bubble popped and I lost all my houses, cars, credit cards, and self confidence. I was planning to kill myself but the girl I was dating at the time believed in me. She told me that I had potential and she lent me $2,500 to start a new business. It was offline and I quickly made a decent chunk of money. I paid her back, broke up with her, and went back to try online business.
By this time, everyone was doing affiate marketing. So I built a huge network of Wordpress sites and put banners, links, and articles on the sites. And just when I got a little traction, internet bullies destroyed all of the sites. Two years of work down the drain.
Again, I was depressed, but not suicidal. This time I decided to join my local business center and work with a coach. He taught me how to build a legit business doing things that I enjoy. Now I have a huge network of websites, but they are not WP sites. They are all safe and secure scripts and templates. I have a development team that builds custom apps for me. I have a good reputation all over the internet. For the first time in my life, I am enjoying my business and making decent money. And it's all honest.
The main takeaways:
  1. Work with someone who is successful
  2. Don't scam people
  3. Learn some basic SEO skills
  4. Develop and Sell your own products and services
  5. Build a wide online presence.
I'm always happy to provide further insights.
Victor Dub Offline referral

Wow man I am so sorry bro but but everything you had learned you earned it the hard way man. Thanks for sharing with us your live story and thanks for sharing these helpful tips.
JennyAlonso Offline referral

You started to make money online 20 years ago. It's impressive. I've just known about MMO lately and I think it's amazing. I'm trying to know more about website and SEO. I think now everybody use Wordpress for their sites.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)