Thread: 

Meta keywords are completely banned?

Ads
kevinmax Offline referral

Still using of Meta keywords is a good idea?
I read a statement that Google has completely ignored the Meta keywords, but still many websites has keywords tags.
maya Offline referral

Google and Matt Cutts say YES but I see many sites still using it and the reason is that you need it cause other search engines are still using it.
salenaadam Offline referral

search engine algorithms took meta keywords into account, until ... Such tactics may attract Google at first, but will surely get you banned from the ... that keywords are completely useless; they're just useless in the keyword meta tag.
herlaiser Offline referral

Meta keywords are totally useless nowaday. I you have some in already done webpages, you still can keep them (they're not causing anyhting bad), but they are not helpful anymore.
optimatech Offline referral

I don't think so Meta keywords are useless, they are still in use in many form of submissions.
Titanlists Offline referral

Yes we are still using meta keywords in many off-page SEO activities like bookmarking, Directory and article submission.
ethan9099 Offline referral

banned word is kinda harsh.. we can say it is not counting in ranking anymore with google. but when you are optimizing for bing, it may help you a bit in ranking.

my advice is to just ignore that part and focus on other improtant ones like content and meta description and title.
HamzaAfzal Offline referral

Yes, it is true that google banned meta keywords but still, many websites use meta keywords because Google banned meta keywords but not the rest of search engines.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)